Change happens when three things align:
- the best interest of the buyer;
- the best interest of the seller; and
- physics doesn’t prevent it.
This is why I evaluate all my predictions from those three points of view.
In about 15 years…
- Cellular data networks will replace home internet.
Generations born 2010 and after won’t buy home internet.
- Buyer: why would I own two internet connections?
- Seller: why would I support a FTTH network?
- Physics: 5G is not the ceiling, and it’s already good enough.
- Will cryptocurrencies become mainstream medium of exchange.
- Physics: decentralized validation will always be less efficient.
- Will no-code solutions replace software engineering.
- Buyer: innovation and pre-cut solutions are opposed forces.